Isolating Barrier for A5S1… Ex ia sensors in Hazardous Areas Zone 0-1
The BRAUN Isolating Barrier D461R1 is ATEX, UKEX, IECEx certified, as well as being approved for other international standards such as UL/CSA and EAC (Russia, Kazakhstan, and the Belarus Customs Union). So, it meets the particular requirements of explosion protection areas (zone 0 or 1).
In conjunction with one of our sensors series A5S1…, the Isolating Barrier establishes a highly efficient system to detect speed and/or direction in a hazardous area to supply high-level output signals to the periphery.
The barrier provides an intrinsic safety circuit for the sensor and its cabling and therefore does not require Ex d measures.
The signal input is isolated from the signal output. Both are isolated versus the power supply. The signal output of the unit repeats the input pulse signals with push/pull characteristics.
The signal input matches the specifications of the speed sensor series A5S1…, which are approved as intrinsic safety devices, to be installed in hazardous area zone 0 or 1.
The sensor supply circuit is monitored, and a fault is signalized.
The barrier unit D461R1 must be installed in a safe (non-hazardous) area or within an explosion-proof (Ex d) enclosure.
- For use in connection with A5S1… Ex ia series sensors
- Establishes a highly efficient system to detect rotational speed (and direction of rotation) in areas of explosion risk
- Provides intrinsic safety for the sensor and its cabling
- Comprehends sensor supply and signal connection
- Sensor supply monitoring
- Free-floating, therefore maximum immunity versus EMI
- Push/pull signal output to subsequent monitors
- Implementation outside the hazardous area, resp. protected by a pressure-resistant encapsulated housing
- Certification for
- ATEX as Ex ia Ga IIC
- UKEX as Ex ia Ga IIC
- IECEx as Ex ia Ga IIC
- QPS / QPSus as Ex ia Ga IIC for Class I, Div 1, Groups A, B, C, D according to UL and CSA standards
- EAC as Ex ia Ga IIC
- Maintenance-free during Lifetime, therefore minimized TCO
- No EMI influence compared to Zener barriers
- No signal degradation compared to Zener barriers
- Strong signal output to signal evaluation