Dual Channel Monitor series E16224D for measurement of speed and ratio for increased safety requirements up to SIL2
The BRAUN Dual Channel Monitor E16224D for increased safety requirements is SIL2 / IEC 61508:2010 compliant. It receives input signals from speed sensors or flow rate transmitters. The two signal inputs are specially designed for our proven Differential-Hall-Effect-based A5S speed sensors.
The monitor simultaneously measures one or two speed values (or other quantities transmitted as frequency) and computes their ratio or difference or sum to read and monitor stretch/shrinkage or blend ratio, for instance.
Display, setpoints, and analog output may be adjusted to any speed. During its complete useful lifetime of 20 years, the Monitor does not require any external proof tests and is completely maintenance-free.
- SIL2 / IEC 61508:2010 compliant
- Speed and Ratio Monitor with sensor monitoring and self-test function
- Frequency range 0 Hz…50 kHz
- 1 Analog Output 0/4…20 mA
- Bright red digital LED display
- 1 Safety Output as DPST relay
- 3 Alarm Outputs via relay contacts
- 2 Signal Inputs for connection with two A5S series sensors
- PROFIBUS / RS232 Data Interface
- Universal Power Supply range 20…265 Vuc
- Fast, precise, and safe
- Maintenance-free during Lifetime, therefore minimized TCO
- Rapid and accurate response through period measurement